Top 10 Bladder Leakage Facts
LIKE (0) n9A3h0kz0p2DDZor6k1L51B1RYOdHVkxqE7DJo+zB4yZyQT9bUAWLGNRtGgAPxMcDtt2nawcyd9la7EwViN/xJphqAKRQL1STsrbMa0/KRWeoskSjRDnKGMCquCgR9n50R7fHqBCctbuZh/IeIMldA==
Knowing the facts about bladder leakage can help you create an effective management strategy. When you’re armed with good information, you can confidently move forward to fully enjoy all that life has to offer.
Here are the top 10 most helpful facts about bladder leakage.
1. It’s not a disease. It’s a symptom of other health issues and can be highly treatable.
2. Fifteen percent of men over the age of 60 have some form of incontinence. And approximately 25 million people nationwide are affected. It’s more common than you think!
3. Aging does not cause urinary incontinence. Incontinence is more common in older people but ailments are the usual causes, not simply getting older.
4. There are several types of bladder leakage. Among them are stress incontinence, urge incontinence, overflow and functional. Learn more at Depend.com.
5. Nearly all types of urinary incontinence can be treatable and treatable at any age. Talk to your doctor about treatments that might help you.
6. Most treatments for managing bladder leakage are noninvasive. Many remedies are behavioral techniques or lifestyle changes you can adopt without undergoing surgery.
7. About half of all men who undergo prostate removal surgery due to prostate cancer will experience leakage. For 95% of men, the incontinence is temporary and they return to “normal” within the first year.
8. A healthy diet can improve your condition. Certain foods and beverages can irritate the bladder and worsen leaks. By identifying and avoiding trigger foods, you can control leakage.
9. Kegel exercises are an important treatment technique. Kegels help strengthen the muscles that support the bladder.
10. Smoking and obesity are risk factors for incontinence. Both contribute to bladder problems and can be addressed through better lifestyle choices.
Discuss the facts with your healthcare provider and grow your incontinence IQ, along with your confidence level!