Summer Travel Tips
Summertime means travel time. Whether it's a trip to see the kids, or a trek to a new destination, the warm weather and freed-up schedules make this the perfect season to get out there. And traveling gets easier when you've got a plan of action for managing incontinence issues. Here are five smart ideas to help make your travels worry-free this summer:
1. Before You LeaveIf you're making a change in protection, try it out at home first. Doing a trial run in familiar surroundings will help you feel more confident with your routine when you travel.
2. Day Tripping TipsNo matter where you go, it's always good to make a mental note of nearby restrooms once your reach your destination. When you're on the road, take advantage of handy gadgets like the GPS system in your car. It will show you where the closest restaurants and gas stations are so you always know what's nearby if you need to make a quick stop.
3. If You Travel By PlaneMake a point to use the restroom before you board your flight. And book your trip early so that you're sure to get an aisle seat for easy access to the restroom once you're in the air. You may want to go with an extra absorbent product so long trips or unexpected delays won't cause problems.
4. While You're DiningIt's easy to throw caution to the wind when you're on vacation. There are so many tempting foods and beverages that come with dining out and travel. But resist the temptation of foods that are known triggers for incontinence. It won't be worth the inconvenience or disruption when you're away from home trying to enjoy yourself.
5. Prepare a Travel KitPack a supply of extra protection such as Depend® Underwear, and carry it in your glove compartment or carry-on bag. Be sure to pack a stash of sealable plastic disposal bags with your extras. A package of wet wipes can come in handy, too. Travel Light Tip: Ship your extra supply of absorbent products to your destination so there's no need to worry about packing it or worrying about extra baggage